Professor Dr Ger Graus OBE, first Global Director of Education at KidZania
Professor Graus moved to the UK in 1983 where, subsequently, he became Education Adviser for Manchester City Council, introducing Modern Foreign Languages into the primary school phase, and later Senior Inspector for Salford City Council. After that, he became Director of the two Wythenshawe Education Action Zones, leading improvements in both quality and standards across 29 schools.
- Honorary Doctorate by Staffordshire University in 2011
- Adjunct Fellow by the University of Adelaide in 2013
- Education Leadership Award by the World Education Congress in Mumbai, India in 2018
- Academic Leader at the Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tecnológico de Monterrey) in Mexico in 2018
In 2019, Dr Graus was invited to become a Visiting Professor at the National Research University Higher School of Economics in Moscow, Russia. He is also a Guest Lecturer at the Moscow School of Management, Skolkovo.
In the 2014 Queen’s Birthday Honours List Ger Graus was made an Honorary Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to children.
- Bett Global Education Council
- Chairs the Beaconhouse School System’s Education Advisory Board, Pakistan
- Junior Achievement Worldwide’s Global Council
- Advises the Fondazione Reggio Children, Italy
- Invited by His Highness Sheikh Hamadan Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Crown Price of Dubai, to help shape the future of education in Dubai as a member of the Dubai Future Councils
Professor Graus has a monthly column, ‘Becoming Me’, in The Week Junior. In his book ‘Natural Born Learners’, author Alex Beard says of Professor Graus: “In learning terms, Ger Graus is Jean-Jacques Rousseau meets Willy Wonka.”